Fresh graduates passing out from the Universities have to face interview for getting employment in either public sector undertaking or private companies. Initially they face nervousness, due to which their performance gets affected. An attempt has been made here to present a systematic guideline that would help the interviewee in shedding the nervousness and performing well in the interview.
Interview is a meeting between the interviewer an interviewee. It is very useful in assessing a person’s fine qualities. It discovers candidate’s initiative, tact, drive, mental alertness, self confidence etc.
The most impressive part of the interviewee is his personality. The following guidelines would help in impressing the board members:
* Appropriate and smart dress
* Walking and sitting with good posture *Relaxed behavior * Smiling when entering and leaving the room * looking at the interviewer while talking * Shaking hands if invited firmly and briefly * Speaking clearly and loudly Adhering to point of discussion * Logical approach
Undesirable mannerism: A few undesirable mannerisms as explained below must be avoided:
(a) Giving monosyllabic Answers (Using telegraphic language): It tends to give an impression that the candidate does not have sound knowledge on the subject.
(b) Excessive Fidgeting (Moving About Restlessly): Due to nervousness, the candidate walks about restlessly which can be avoided by taking to friends.
(c) Mumbling (To Utter Words indistinctly) : At times, a candidate utters words in a very low pitch not audible to the Board, (for which the Board members have to make a lot of effort to listen to him), this causes displeasure, hence it is advisable on part of the candidate to speak clearly and loudly.
Using Too Many Hand Gestures: It is considered to be a disqualification, as this creates a bad impression in the minds of board members. It is therefore, advisable to restrict hand gestures.
Attributes of a Successful Candidates: The interview committee critically evaluates the following attributes of a candidate:
(a) Technical competence (if required) (b) Academic achievement (c) Listening, thinking and communication process (d) General knowledge (e) Economic Awareness. (f) Leadership potential (g) Health and personality profile (h) Extra Curricular Activities
Why Does a Candidate Gets Rejected?
In present scenario academic achievement is not the only considering factor for getting selected in an interview. Knowledge on advance technology; Economic scenario and extra curricular activities are as much important and essential for attaining success.
Factors responsible for the rejection of a candidate are as follows:
(a) Poor Personality (b) Lack of Communication Skills (c) Dull interview session
(d) Lack of knowledge on the subject matter. (e) Improper Temperament
(a) . Poor Personality: Poor appearance due to un-pressed and shabby dress brings down the personality. Lack of courtesy and manners also causes damage to the personality.
(b) . Lack of Communication Skill: Inability to express clearly and precisely, being aggressive while communicating, use of poor grammar, feeling of nervousness during communication, failure to keep eye contact, use of very high or very low pitch voice, cold handshake, etc. cause negative impact in the minds of the interviewers.
(c). Dull Interview Session : Being passive and indifferent, giving disorganized answers or superficial answers, avoiding direct answers, showing indecisiveness, bluffing, condemning past employer and trying to influence through names of influential personalities are some of the negative factors which must be shunned while facing the interview board.
(d) .Lack of knowledge: The candidate is supposed to possess basic information on product, process, equipment, financial position, work culture, principle and philosophy of the organization.
(e). Improper Temperament: Hot-tempered, narrow-minded, extreme views, aggressiveness are some of the temperament problems that produce negative impact. Aggressiveness, carelessness and impatience are some of the drawbacks, which a candidate should avoid.
Main Questions : Questions are generally asked to find out the following attributes:
(a) Physique (health/strength, appearance, speech manner)
(b) Attainments (educational achievements as per application form)
(c) General Intelligence (how to tackle with any problem posed on him) (d) Aptitude test
(e) Interests (leisure interest to be used in future development)
(f) Disposition; Personality, acceptability, whether he is self motivated, whether dominant/submissive, extrovert/introvert, degree of self reliance (acceptability to team)
Types of Questions : The following type of questions are usually asked during interview:
(a) Open questions (b) Closed questions (c) Compound or Multiple questions (d) leading questions (e) Probing questions (f) Hypothetical questions
a. Open Questions : “Tell me about yourself” is a common question being asked by many interviewers. This way, process much information like what, why, and how are collected.
b. Closed Questions : It can be answered with yes/no or in a single sentence. It is often asked by the inexperienced interviewer.
c. Compound/ Multiple Questions : During interview, a common question being asked is “Can you please tell me what is your aim in life & why have you applied for a job with us?” By asking such type of questions, interviewer wants to test the memory and concentration of the candidate.
d. Leading Questions : Statement followed by expressions such as “Don’t you “ is a leading question put by the interviewer to the candidate when found nervous. This encourages the candidate to face the board boldly.
e. Probing Questions: Questions like “Why?” or “How did You?” are asked in order to elicit more information from the interviewee. Such type of questions s known as Probing Questions. Candidate gets the opportunity to expand on what has already been said.
f. Hypothetical Questions: Such type of questions are asked to ascertain candidate’s analytical ability and problem solving capability. Such questions are asked when job demands initiative.
List of some Typical Questions: Typical questions generally being asked during interview are based on-
* Vocational training * Strong/weak points of the interviewee * Newspaper/magazines (current affairs) * Proudest moment in life * How to motivate *About the organization * Sickeness during last couple of years * Hobby * Family background * Greatest achievement * Industrialists of core sectors like steel, computer, cement, textile etc. * Government policies and impact on Indian economy *India-yesterday , today and tomorrow.
Assessment: Interviewers from their angle try to assess the following:
* Spoken and written English standard * Concise but precise answers * Neither too reserved nor too arrogant * Good grasp of facts * Supporting examples from own experiences * Initiative, drive, tact and resourcefulness * Ability and experience to solve problems * Paying attention to details * Work well under pressure * Determination not to abandon a task until finished * Ability to complete unfinished task (by other people) within the stipulated period. * Get on well with people from different walks of life
Conclusion: The above guidelines would help the candidate in his endeavor to do well in the interview, in addition to making him more confident in facing the interview board.
POINTS TO FOLLOW
¨ Please remember that the interviewers are well-read experienced persons. They know all the details and have full information about the job for which you are a candidate.
¨ Brush your shoes, comb your hair, button your coat or the shirt and spit and spit out pan if you are chewing one, as also throw away the cigarette, if you are smoking, enter the interview room only when your name is called out.
¨ While the candidate enters the room, no sound ought to be created. They should open and close the door very gently.
¨ While entering the interview room, the candidate should look a composed man, he should display no haste or hurry, nervousness or any fear complex.
¨ The candidate should stand properly and in the attention position before the interviewers. Head and hands should be in the proper position. The candidate should keep his head erect and body in the natural position.
¨ Wish the interviewers in such manner as you are used to or as you think proper. The accepted manner of salutation is to say, ‘good morning /afternoon Sir/Madam’.
¨ You should take your seat only when you are asked to do so; and take the seat with thanks to the interviewers. Sit in the chair not as if you were amongst your friends or in a light company, you should neither take support of the back of the chair, or bend your head. No stiffness should be in your body.
¨ The candidate should keep his hands on the thigh, if required, in a relaxed position.
¨ The candidate should not stare at the interviewers and not move his from this way to that way, and should not try to look at things placed on the table.
¨ The candidate should answer questions in a calm and composed manner. He should listen with full attention every question and answer the same with complete self-confidence.
¨ The candidate should feel at home during the time of interview and maintain interest in the interview up to the end.
¨ The candidate should remain normal and natural.
¨ The candidate should feel nemeses and oneness with the interviewers for, in that case he can answer questions more freely and frankly.
¨ The candidate should look smart in his/ her dress.
¨ While answering-questions and talking to the interviewers, the candidate should do well to keep these things in mind; i.e. keep the pitch of his voice normal (neither high nor low), speak neither very fast nor very slowly; pronounce every word clearly, and distinctly, use simple and proper language, do not use some specific word or metaphor too often and the answers should be precise, relevant to the point.
¨ The candidate should not keep sitting in the chair or keep standing even for a moment when the interview is over and should walk gently out of the room.
¨ The candidate should be cautious about his standing position at the end of the interview.
¨ The candidate should politely thank the Chairman and other members also, turn back and leave the room without looking back at the interviewers.
POINTS TO AVOID
¨ The candidate should have no hesitation while going for the interview.
¨ If the candidate has a lean and thin constitution, he/she should suffer from no inferiority complex. He/She would do well to remember that brain plays a more important part than body.
¨ While entering the interview room, the candidate should not appear nervous or shaky.
¨ The candidate should not take his seat unless asked to do so normally by the chairman of the Interview Board.
¨ The candidate should not place his hands on the table.
¨ The candidate must not speak in an ‘affected’ style for it appears to be artificial.
¨ The candidate, on no account should interrupt the interviewer while he/she is speaking or asking a question.
¨ The candidate should not try to elaborate his/her answer unless asked for.
¨ The candidate should not enter in an argument with the interviewer.
¨ As far as possible, the phrase “Beg your pardon Sir/Madam or Sorry Sir/Madam I don’t know”, should be used only when it is essential.
¨ The candidate should not display emotions and ill manners.
¨ The candidate should not hesitate in answering questions.
¨ The candidate should not look indifferent, dejected, depressed or disappointed at the time of interview.
¨ The candidate should not talk more than what is needed.
¨ He/She should not try to avoid answering a question or try to bluff or flatter the interviewers.
¨ The candidates should not stand while answering a question.
¨ The candidate should not boast. He/She should not try to be aggressive.
¨ The candidate should not lose his/her balance or presence of mind or temper. He/She should never put a counter question to the interviewers.
¨ The candidate should not wait for a moment, when the interview is over-the chairman has said-‘all right, that will do’, or the like.
¨ The candidate should not look back at the interviewers while approaching the exit.
Interview is a challenge which the candidate has to face with his personality. Interview is an opportunity which a clever candidate takes full advantage of. In the interview, it is assessed in what way the candidate has been able to make use of his/her book-knowledge in practical life or how far he/she has been able to assimilate all that he/she has read. Power of discretion and decision is also assessed at the time of interview. To prove one’s worth on this touchstone, the candidate has to undergo regular practice and discipline himself for the occasion. For this, it is desirable for the candidate to be in touch with men of ability and experience.
1) Introduce yourself?
2) Introduce yourself in one minute?
3) Define yourself in one word?
4) Define yourself in one line?
5) Describe yourself?
6) Meaning of your name, Who named you and why?
7) Any namesake?
8) What is your father’s name & his job profile?
9) Your family background?
10) Where you come from?
11) Tel me/us about your native place/city/state?
12) For what it is famous?
13) What are your hobbies and interests?
14) What is the use of your hobbies in this organization?
15) If you will not get success this time then what will you do?
16) Your Educational background?
17) Your previous achievements?
18) Any extra curricular activity?
19) Why do you want to join Banking sector?
20) What qualities one should posses to be a Bank officer? Do you think you have these qualities?
21) Tell me about this organization?
22) Who is the founder of this bank?
23) When was this bank nationalized?
24) Current financial position of this bank?
25) Who is your ideal or a person who inspired you most?
26) How is your subject helpful in banking sector?
27) Why there is a Gap in your studies?
28) Your strong and weak points?
29) As a student of Science/Art/Commerce, why didn’t you go for higher studies?
30) Newspapers and magazine which you prefer to read? Name the Editor of Newspaper?
31) Why we should select you?
32) Why do you want to be a Officer?
33) Are you married?
34) If you marry after competing this examination may I hope you will be mopping up huge money as dowry?
35) Any girl friend? If not then why?
36) What is your idea of life?
37) What is the importance of hobby in our life?
38) What about those who have no hobbies? Are they not creative?
39) As you are from Hindi medium, but we are sorry to say that we have vacancies in South only and as you said you like to talk in Hindi. If we appoint you, how will you adjust your self in South, where only a few people know Hindi?
40) I don’t know Hindi, I know English and specially south based languages, as I am from south, whenever talk to me, please speak in English.
41) Which officer gave you the certificate for being a caste certificate/character certificate?
42) Why could you not get success yet?
43) Have you been cleared any exam before it?
44) If you don’t get final selection in this examination too what would do?
45) How many members are in your family?
46) What does your mother do or whether she is a house wife or in job?
47) Where did you spend your childhood?
48) Why don’t you join your family business?
49) Your ideal person, leader, party and why?
50) Does anybody serve in banking industry from your family? If yes then who they are and in which bank they are serving?
1) You passed BSc./ S.Com/B.A. in the year 2004, what were you doing till now?
2) There is a huge gap in between graduation and P.G. why?
3) Variation in Marks percentage, why?
4) What is the use of your subjects in this sector?
5) What is the use of your subjects in life?
6) How you correlate your subjects with Banking?
7) Why didn’t you continue your studies?
8) Your subjects are related with IAS, PCS. Then why here?
9) From which college/University you have completed your graduation?
10) What are the specialties of the schools/colleges from where you have acquired education?
11) Why you switched over to Art stream to Science stream?
12) What is the condition of education in the country/state/district/village? And are you satisfied with it or not.
13) If “Not” then why and give some suggestions for its improvement.
14) Now a days the use of computer is increasing in the banking industry since you don’t have the knowledge of computers, how do you perform your jobs satisfactorily?
15) You have done MCA then why don’t you go for Technical Post, why here?
16) What is the motto of your university?
17) You had written in your Bio Data “N.A.” What is this?
Questions elated to Art stream: English
1) What have you read in English Poetry?
2) What is then name of Milton’s poetry?
3) Which poem of Milton enchants you? Please let’s hear his lines?
4) What else you read in English?
5) Do you know about Hamlet?
6) Who is the winner of Nobel Prize in Literature in 2006?
7) Who is your favorite writer, and why?
8) What is noteworthy about Shakespeare/Milton?
9) Tell the name of some Anglo-Indian writers?
10) Some contemporary Indian English writers & their work?
11) Do you read novels?
12) Which one you have read recently?
13) “Woods are lovely dark and deep But I have promised to keep miles to go before I sleep.” Why these lines are famous and who has written these lines?
Public Administration, Management & Marketing:
1) What is POSDCORB in public Administration?
2) What is Motivation?
3) Explain X any Y theory of Motivation? Who is founder of this theory?
4) Who is the founder of management?
5) Who is the founder of Scientific Management?
6) Who is the founder of Management by Exception?
7) What are the “4P” in marketing?
8) Use of Marketing in Banks?
9) What is Management? Define in one line.
10) What is Marketing? Define in one line.
11) How will you motivate you r subordinates in Bank if there are misconceptions between them or any confusion?
12) What are the leadership qualities? Do you posses these qualities?
13) What is marketing mix?
14) What is product mix?
15) What is Branding?
16) What is “corporate social responsibility”?
1) What is optimum theory of population?
2) What is Malthusian theory of population?
3) Why five year plan in India is not successful?
4) What is law of Diminishing Marginal Utility?
5) Define National Income?
6) What is the Difference between GDP and GNP?
7) Difference between Micro and Macro Economics?
8) Difference between Dynamic & Static Economics?
9) Who is Amartya Sen?
10) What is Time Series?
11) Explain Fisher Index Theory?
12) Principle of Maximum Social Advantage?
13) What is Absolute Error?
14) Discuss Keans’s theory of Employment?
15) What is indifference curve analysis?
16) What is Say’s market law?
17) What is perfect competition?
18) Price determination under imperfect competition?
19) What is Dumping?
20) Difference between Economy and Economics?
21) What is law of Demand?
22) What is AC-MC Curve?
23) Relevance of International Economics in Modern Era?
24) Who is the father of Economics?
25) What is Welfare Economics?
26) Who is the winner of Nobel Prize of Economics for this year?
27) For which work this year’s Economic Nobel Conferred?
1) Who was Vikramaditya?
2) Who was Chnadragupta II? Are they same person?
3) Where from he belonged?
4) Who was the first Governor General of the independent India?
5) How many battles were fought in Panipat?
6) Who had fought all the three battles?
7) Tell me something about Julius Ceaser?
8) Name two well known Historian?
9) What do you know about Indus Valley Civilization?
10) When did Aryans come to India?
11) What are the sects of Jain religion?
12) Please tell us about main principles of Jain Religion?
13) Who laid the foundations of the British Rule in India and in which year?
14) What is Magna Carta?
15) Who was the last emperor of Gupta period?
1) You are a student of Political Science? How is our foreign Policy at present?
2) What is Socialism? Should we follow it fully?
3) What is Capitalism? Should we follow it, if yes then why, if not then why?
4) Which article refers to emergency provision?
5) What is article 356?
6) How does amendment take place in the constitution?
7) What is Veto?
8) What is article 370?
1) What are benefits of flood?
2) Can you give some specific reasons for untimely rain in India?
3) What is EI Nino effect?
4) What is Hurricane?
5) How many types of soil are found in India?
6) How your subject would be useful in Bank?
7) Do you know some places where black soil is available in India?
8) For which crop is the black soil suited most?
1) What is difference between IPC and CPC?
2) Is our constitution written?
3) When was IPC formed or written?
4) When was CPC formed or written?
5) What is hypothecation?
6) What is Mortgage?
7) What is Negotiable Instrument Act.?
8) When Negotiable Instrument Act came into force?
9) Difference in Bill of Exchange and Promissory Notes?
10) Difference between Cheque and Draft?
11) Tell us something about Banking regulation Act?
12) What is Pledge?
13) Tell us something about Debt Recovery Tribunal?
14) Tell us full from of securitization Act?
15) What is Securitization?
16) What is Lok Adalat?
17) What are the new amendments regarding Company Act?
18) Difference between Promise and Proposal.
19) What is Sale of Goods Act?
20) Difference between Void and Voidable Contract?
Questions related to Science Stream:
1) Why does cycle tube burst in semmer?
2) Why does sky look blue?
3) What is the formula of (A+B)2 ?
4) Is there any vein which carries impure blood?
5) What is color blindness?
6) What is Raman Effect?
7) What is Boyle’s Law?
8) Who is the winner of Nobel prize 2006 in Physics, Chemistry and Medicine?
9) What is Newton’s I, II, III law?
10) What is Charl’s law?
11) Is there any use of science in bank?
12) What is Snell’s law (laws of refreaction)?
13) What is Coulomn’s law of Electrostatics?
14) What is Boyle’s law?
15) What is Pascal’s law?
16) What is Archemedeas Principle?
17) What is Specific heat?
18) What is Conduction, Convection, Radiation?
19) What is Doppler’s effect?
20) What is Hard and Soft water?
21) What is under table water?
1) How Indian Agriculture is viable?
2) Tell me something about green revolution?
3) Two eminent persons behind green revolution?
4) Impact of green revolution on Banking sector?
5) How will you manage rain-water flooded area and rain-fed area?
6) What is genetically modified crops?
7) With a bumper harvest and record yield of food grains this year, the price rise was expected to be reversed, But strangely the prices continue to rise in India, why this is so?
8) What is the present scenario of Indian Agriculture?
9) What is organic Farming? How it is differ from existing way of farming?
10) What is sustainable agriculture?
11) Give some suggestions for sustainable Agriculture in 21st century?
12) What is Rain-water harvesting system?
13) How much amount pulse is required at minimum in Indian diet, and how much Indians are actually getting it?
14) What is the situation of consumption of fertilizers in India? Are they being used in accordance with the prescribed proportion of NPK?
15) What are the problems of marketing of agricultural groups?
16) What are the main sources of agricultural credit in India?
17) Can commercial banks provide economic assistance to the farmers?
18) Why should Agricultural officers be appointed in banks?
19) What is the contribution of Agriculture towards National Income?
20) Can non-technical man manage the post of an Agricultural Officer of a bank?
21) You are a first class graduate in Agriculture science? Why don’t you like to be a professor of Agriculture Science why do you want to join this organization?
1) Which section of your mathematics is strong?
2) Do you know Demovier’s theorm? Explain it?
3) (Cosθ + i Sinθ)n is equal to ?
4) Expansion of Sinx.
5) Expansion of Cosx.
6) Fariur Services.
7) Cos x dx
8) Define npr and ncr and their different applications in solving sums?
9) What is Differentiation?
10) What is Integration?
Questions related to Commerce Stream:
1) What are the principles of Book keeping?
2) What is balance sheet? How you come to know after seeing balance sheet that economic condition is good or bad any organization?
3) What is the difference between CA and ICWA?
4) What is Real Account?
5) What are the Accounting Ratios?
6) What is the use of ratio in balance sheet of a bank?
7) What is Acid Test Ratio?
8) What is Accounting?
9) Difference between Double Entry System & Double Account System?
10) Difference between Presidency and Provincial Insolvency Act?
11) Explain various lists of Insolvency statement?
12) Explain tax and how many types of Tax are being imposed in India?
13) What is Direct and Indirect Tax? Give some examples?
14) What is 80L, 80G, 80DD, 88B, 89(1), 88C, 80E?
15) What are the sources of Income, according to Income Tax Act?
16) What is Capital Gain?
17) Income of mps and MLAs is related to which sources?
18) Agriculture Income is Exempt under which section?
19) Current Assessment Year?
20) Describe hew changes regarding to Income tax in current Budget?
21) When Income Tax Act was enacted?
22) What is difference between Public Limited Company and Private Limited Company?
23) Article of Association?
24) Memorandum of Association?
26) Annual General Meeting?
27) What are Prepaid Expenses and Outstanding Expenses?
28) Teel us about Authorized, Issued and Paid-up Capital?
29) What is Forfeature of shares? How it is treated in Balance sheet?
30) How many accounts are made in Balance sheet of a Bank?
31) What is Single Entry System?
32) Tell us about Promoters and Directors?
33) What is Auditing? What are the main purpose of Auditing?
34) “An Auditor is the watchdog of a company” Explain it?
35) What is Value Added Tax?
36) What is Market Capitalization?
37) What is Break Even Point?
38) What is Prime Cost & Overhead Cost?
39) Difference between Fixed and Variable Expenses?
40) What is Marginal and Standard Costing?
41) What is Master Budget?
42) What is Capitalization?
43) What is contract?
44) What is Bank Reconciliation Statement?
45) What is Partnership Deed?
46) Relevance of “Bhartiya Bahi Khata” in present time?
47) What is After Sales Service?
48) What is Wages Inward and Outward?
49) What is “Contribution” in Cost Accounting?
50) Difference between Cost Accounting and Cost Accountancy?
51) What are the elements of Effective Communication?
52) Explain Accounting Standards?
53) What is Accounting Conventions?
54) What is Accounting Equation?
55) What s the use of Trial Balance?
56) What is Fund flow?
57) What is Cash flow?
58) What is Working Capital?
59) What is LIFO, FIFO, HIFO?
60) What is Short Working?
61) What is work in progress?
62) What is Intangible Assets?
63) Tell us the Errors which are not disclosed by Trial Balance?
64) What is difference between Public Sector Company and Public Limited Company?
Banking, Finance and Economy
1) Explain the following and their current position- (i) Bank Rate (ii) CRR (iii) SLR (iv) CAR (v) PLR (vi) SDR (vii) Repo Rate
2) Why Benchmark PLR is in news recently?
3) How much Benchmark PLR of this bank is?
4) What were the reasons of Nationalization of Banks?
5) What were the recommendations of Narsimhan Committee?
6) Narsimhan Committee is related to which field?
7) What is Weak Bank, Narrow Banking, Local Area Bank & Lead Bank?
8) What is Merchant Banking & Universal Banking?
9) What is the difference between Banks and Financial institutions?
10) What is the difference between SBI and Nationalized Banks?
11) Is SBI Nationalized Bank? If not then why?
12) Who is the Chairman of this Bank?
13) What are the main reason to introduce RRB’s ?
14) What is Scheduled Bank?
15) What are Basel II Norms?
16) What is Tier I, II, III Capital?
17) What do you know about M1, M2, M3, M4 and L1, L2, L3?
18) What are the principles of Issuing Notes?
19) What is the difference between Monetary and Fiscal Policy?
20) What are the main features of Current Monetary Policy?
21) Who is the Governor of RBI?
22) What are the functions of BRI?
23) How Bank creates credit?
24) What is credit control policy of RBI?
25) What is Open Market Operation?
26) What is a Bank and what are the functions of a Bank?
27) What is Branch Banking?
28) What is Unit Banking?
29) What is the difference between Group Banking and Chain Banking?
30) In which states there is no RBI’s?
31) Where is the Head Office of RBI?
32) What is the difference between the One rupee note and Two rupee note?
33) How Banks are helpful in the development of an industry?
34) How many public sector banks are there in India?
35) What is banking Ombudsman scheme?
36) What were the reasons for nationalizing the banks in India?
37) Is there any possibility of Nationalizing some more banks. If yes then why? If no then why?
38) How many types of Cheque are there in banks?
39) If a party makes payment to you with two options either Cheque or Draft, then what would prefer and why?
40) What is the difference between a crossed cheque and an account payee cheque?
41) Which cheque works just like a currency note?
42) What will you do in case a cheque is lost by you?
43) What is clearing house?
44) What is “Grasham’s law”?
45) “Bad currency throws out of circulation good currency” what do you understand by this statement?
46) What is inflation, Deflation, Disinflation, Stagflation, Mild Inflation, Galloping Inflation?
47) How can inflation be controlled?
48) What are the causes of Inflation?
49) Difference between Black money and Black Income?
50) What are Parallel and Underground Economy?
51) What are the causes of the creation of Black money? How can we control it?
52) What is Devaluation of Currency?
53) What do you know about Finances commission of India?
54) What is the difference between Bonds and Shares?
55) Distinguish between Money market and Capital market?
56) Which/Who has controlling authority of Money market?
57) Which/Who has controlling authority of Capital market?
58) What is Near money, Dear money, Cheap money, Hot money?
59) Define Stock Exchange? Why it is necessary in a capitalist Economy?
60) How is business transacted in a stock exchange?
61) What is Mutual Fund?
62) What is velocity of money?
63) If RBI increases Bank Rate or CRR, does it effect economy? If Yes then how?
64) What is Inflationary GAP?
65) What are the main objectives of Monetary Policy?
66) What is NPA?
67) How can you reduce NPAs?
68) Difference between Gross NPAs and Net NPAs?
69) What are the new norms for NPA?
70) Who is the Highest Officer of RBI?
71) What is Indian Currency?
72) Why the banks like to open their branches in towns and cities specially private banks, while the real wealth of the country is in the villages?
73) If we appoint you in our Rural branch, would you like to life in a village?
74) At this time you are giving your acceptance, but as soon as you are posted in a rural branch of the bank, you would make efforts for your transfer to a city branch isn’t it?
75) What are the sources of a bank through which it obtains its funds for operation?
76) In this era of competition with private players, what will be the future of public sector banks after 10 years?
77) Is there any need of RRB’s in India?
78) Why a bank issue IPO?
79) What is supply of money?
80) Recently how many banks issued IPO?
81) Main features of 10th five year plan?
82) Who is the head of planning commission?
83) Who is the head of National Development Council?
84) Who is the head of Finance Commission?
85) What is Vote on Account?
86) Tell us about main features of the Budget?
87) How is Current Economic position of India?
88) What are the Singapore issues?
89) Tell us about FOREX and its present condition?
90) What is Rupee appreciation?
91) Banking scenario of last 10 years?
92) What is VRS scheme?
93) Raising forex is beneficial to India or not?
94) Important events in last one year in banking or economic sector?
95) What is SEBI?
96) What is IRDA & ‘PFRDA’?
97) What do you know about credit Rating agencies in India?
98) How is working culture in Private Banks and how it is different from Public sector banks?
99) What is Flat money?
100) Define Call money market?
101) What is the difference between Credit and Debit Card?
102) How ATM works?
103) What is digital signature?
104) What is e-banking concept?
105) Is the privatization of banking correct?
106) What is Easy Money?
107) What is Balanced Budget?
108) What is “Disguised Unemployment”?
109) What is “Duopoly”?
110) What is “Effective Demand”?
111) What is “Embargo”?
112) How the poverty is analysed in India?
113) Where the head quarter of IMF is situated?
114) What is Consolidated and Contingency fund of India?
115) What is the financial year of RBI?
116) Explain the present condition of Balance of payment and Balance of Trade?
117) What is Bull and Beer?
118) What is Free trade Concept?
119) What is the difference between Saving and Current Deposits?
120) When was RBI established?
121) What is NABARD? Tell us about its functions and where it has its head office?
122) What are the special features of new Exim Policy?
123) What has been the economic growth target set by 10th five year plan?
124) Being a Branch Manager of a bank how would you improve the day to day work and services of that branch?
125) Which steps would you take to prevent forgery/looting in your branch?
126) What is Subsidy?
127) What is Overdraft facility?
128) What is Priority sector lending?
129) What is “CAMELS” rating in banks?
130) What is ‘RIDF”?
131) What are the challenges before banking sector in present time?
132) What is the future of banking sector?
133) What is Mobile banking?
134) Tell us 5 major Export items of India?
135) Tell us 5 major Import items of India?
136) How can we reduce NPA’s ?
137) Two major problems of bank at present? How would you handle them?
138) What is the purpose of Service Area Approach?
139) What is the “Single Window System” in a bank?
140) What is the current Inflation position in India?