Here is Important GK updates of 1st Week of June
· Commerce Secretary-- S R Rao (Previous: Rahul Khullar)
· New Coal Secretary - S K Srivastava((Previous:Alok Petri)
· New Food Secretary- Sudhir Kumar
· New Chief Election Commissioner:- V S Sampath
· Additional director on the board of Tata Steel- Cyrus Mistry and Mallika Srinivasan
· Navy Chief-D.K.Joshi
· New Syria's PM-Riyab Hijab
· World Economic Forum on East Asia 2012 –
Held in Bangkok, Thailand.
Theme: Shaping the Region’s Future through Connectivity.
· 12th summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
Held in Bejing,
Members: China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan
· 3rd Indo-Bangla trade fair inaugurated by Bangladesh Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith.
· India today signed an agreement with Bahrain to curb tax evasion and avoidance.
· India’s foreign exchange reserve plummeted by 1.74 billion dollar.
· Bihar Government prohibited the sale and manufacturing of all the tobacco products for next one year. Bihar is 3rd After MP and Kerela.
· New Zealand clinched the title of the 21st Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament after defeating Argentina.
· 'Khushboo Gujarat Ki' campaign is related to promote tourism in Gujarat .
· India won Bronze Medal in Sultan Azlan sah Cup Tounament
· International Monetary Fund (IMF) announced an aid package of a $157 million to be distributed over 3 years to support the Malawi economy.